I was delighted to welcome a special guest Bonnie Hutchinson to the 2nd Untapped Brilliance Radio show to talk about how to meditate. Meditation is so beneficial when you have ADHD yet it is also very challenging so my mission was for listeners to learn how to meditate and to disperse any of their mental resistance around practicing it. Bonnie was the perfect person to do that since she is not only a meditation expert, and runs a highly successful company, but she also has ADHD. Bonnie has practiced meditation daily after purely by chance she discovered how it quieted her busy mind so that she could let her brilliant ADHD gifts shine through.
Here are 5 top tips from the show:
1) There is no right or wrong way to meditate. Personalize the meditation experience so that it works for you.
2) You haven’t ‘failed’ if your chattery mind keeps on chattering when you meditate
3) If you are resistant to meditating because you think it takes a long time, you can do a ‘power meditation’ for 5 minutes and get great benefits.
4) You can practice meditation no matter what your religious or spiritual beliefs
5) It’s OK to call “meditating” another name!
After the radio show Bonnie said she wished there had been more time to say that the key outcome to meditating is to calm your busy ADHD mind. However, if the word ‘meditating’ is off putting, or daunting to you, you can use another word(s) to describe it. For example: my ‘brain calming exercise’.
To listen to the show, and to practice a guided meditation with Bonnie click here!
Enjoyed This Article?
Then lets keep in touch. Sign up for more ADHD articles like this one!